Infochristo.com brings you some of the interesting quotes from the inaugural speech of Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo as President of Ghana. In case you missed the whole colourful show, then here are a few lines to whip up your interest to believe in the future of Ghana.
12 Interesting Quotes From Nana Akufo Addo’s Inaugural Speech
- I will protect the public purse. We will provide vision and direction.
- Being a Ghanaian must stand for something more than a holder of a birth certificate or a passport.
- I ask you to be citizens, not spectators; citizens not subjects.
- It is time to make sure that there is a true separation of powers in our arms of government.
- I will not let you, the people of Ghana, down.
- The change we have voted for has to start with each individual. I ask you to be responsible.
- It is time to define what being a Ghanaian means. Being a Ghanaian must mean you sign up to a definable code of conduct.
- I shall protect the public purse by insisting on value for money in all transactions.
- I see exciting times ahead, the rule of law will be the underlining tenet of our governance.
- We should learn and accept that we do not own the land, but hold in trust for future generations.
- State coffers are not the spoils for victorious political parties. I promise to protect the public.
- After 60 years of independence, we no longer have any excuse for being poor.
So tell us, which one is your favourite quote? What is your general overview about the inaugural ceremony?